OLIVER WILSON VITAL STATISTICS
– Current Race to Dubai Position: 36
– Current World Ranking: 287
– Highest World Ranking: 33 in 2009
– Challenge Tour Victories: 2 (both in 2018)
– European Tour Victories: 1 (Alfred Dunhill Links Championship 2014)
– Finished 7th on European Tour Order of Merit 2009
– Ryder Cup Player 2008
– Seve Trophy winner for Great Britain & Ireland in 2007 & 2009
– Tavistock Cup winner 2011
– Resides in Bookham, Surrey, with his wife Lauren & son Levi
– Born in Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, England, 14th September 1980
– Amateur at Oakmere Park GC and later Coxmoor GC
– England Boys International
– Scholarship at Augusta State University
– No.1 Ranked Collegiate player in the US
– Great Britain & Ireland Walker Cup winner 2003
– Turned professional 2003
– Ranked 15th Challenge Tour 2004, first year as a professional
– Joined European Tour in 2005 with 3 Top 10 finishes in his Rookie Year
THE STORY SO FAR…
Oli is an Alfred Dunhill Links Champion and record breaking 10 time runner-up with over 100 weeks in the World’s top 50. A Ryder Cup, Seve, Tavistock and Royal Trophy team member, Oli has won over €7million in prize money.
Oli’s runner-up spots came in some of the worlds biggest events, notably the BMW PGA Championship, HCBC Champions and the Alfred Dunhill Links, an event that would later prove to be the finest moment of his career.
In 2008 earned Oli a place on the European Ryder Cup team, the first player in history to qualify for either team without a professional victory. He came back from four down with partner Henrik Stenson to beat Anthony Kim and Phil Mickelson.
Following a period off the European Tour, where the number of runner-up finishes understandably proved frustrating, a sponsor’s invite provided the ultimate fairy-tale and immensely emotional well deserved maiden European Tour victory, as Oli was finally able to celebrate his first win at the 2014 Alfred Dunhill Links Championship at the ‘Home of Golf’, St. Andrews, Scotland. He carded a course record 64 at Carnoustie to hold off Rory McIlroy and Tommy Fleetwood, to lift one of the most famous trophies in golf.
Currently in 41st position on the European Tour’s Race to Dubai, Oli won twice last year on the Challenge Tour and despite narrowly missing his automatic European Tour card by just 2 places, he had two Top 5 finishes at the end of 2018 on the European Tour, to not only qualify for the 2019 Open Championship, which he also qualified for at Carnoustie in 2018, to show incredible character and to cap off a year to remember, especially as his and Lauren’s first child, their son Levi was born.
In 2019 he had a pretty solid start, which included narrowly missing out on victory and a 2nd place finish at the Doha Masters in March and top 10 finish at the British Masters. With his European Tour card secured for the 2020 season and entry into all The Race to Dubai Rolex Series events, another victory is surely a matter of when this season and not if.
Oliver is a proud patron of The National Golf Club Challenge in support of the On Course Foundation, helping the recovery of wounded, injured and sick service personnel and veterans through golf. Oli is also a patron of The Armchair Club, a small group from his home town of Mansfield who provide financial support for local sportsmen and women.
LAST UPDATED: January 2020
– Brand Exposure and Awareness through visual logo on clothing (chest, sleeve, hat & bag)
– Client Interaction and Event Activation through company appearances, playing experiences and hosting company golf events
– Company representation through Oli’s playing and personal reputation on Tour
– Employee and client retention and acquisition programs
– Support company global marketing and CSR
– VIP attendance at Tour events as Oli’s guest(s)
– Social Media updates including detailed specific sponsor posts and general mentions
– Regular performance updates and company communication
WHAT THE SPONSORS SAY…
CHRIS GAME – FOUNDER & CEO (PRIVATUS CLUB)
“Oli is without question, an incredible golfing talent and his reputation precedes him. Having had the privilege of playing with Oli in our amateur days and as the worlds number one ranked amateur, he was always destined for great things. After all he’s achieved, for me what makes him such a great ambassador for not just for his sponsors but sport in general, has been his ability to show ultimately professionalism and character, whether it be at the dizzy heights of golfing stardom or the depths of golfing obscurity, Oli has always remained the same role model.
The main reason for our sponsorship of Oli was brand representation and as one of the most popular guys on Tour, he is not only highly likeable but makes the time to talk with everyone he possibly can and as a sponsor his exposure is ideal, with a highly televised presence playing on the European Tour, a respected BBC Sport commentator and a very interactive guy off the golf course, making him a sponsors dream. At last years Open Championship, I personally got to spend time with Oli, where despite an injury, he still took the time to meet with us, made a Sky Sports Swing Zone appearance, which was amazing for our exposure and invited me into the Players Lounge and onto the Range for a once in a life time experience. This is when I really got see just how respected he is by not just the other players but everyone in general.
The benefit of having Oli as an ambassador for us has undoubtedly given Privatus Club the right type of exposure that we wanted and with a player we knew our clients and colleagues could experience what our company is really all about. It’s a privilege to work with Oli and to call him a friend and I wish him all the best for the season ahead and no one works harder and deserves all the success in the world more than he does.”