Privatus Recruitment JOBS
COMPETITIONS SECRETARY (London, ENGLAND)
Royal Mid Surrey GC are looking to appoint a Competitions Secretary to administer and organise the smooth and efficient running of Club competitions for the benefit of the Membership; to work with the Assistant Secretary in the preparation of Club documents; to provide regular weekend cover in the office and/or reception and to maintain a harmonious relationship with all Members, Guests and Staff.
The Club’s profile demands that the successful applicant will be an effective communicator and will have well developed organizational and planning abilities plus have the following skills:
- Self-confidence, enthusiasm, discretion and diplomacy.
- Interpersonal skills; good with people and small teams.
- An enquiring mind and self-starting attitude.
- Smart appearance, reliable, trustworthy.
- An understanding of golf industry management systems.
Remuneration Package: The salary guide is £28-30k depending on skills and experience but commensurate with the position and the overall package will include: 5% pension contribution, meals on duty & 20 day’s holiday entitlement
CLOSING DATE: Monday 14th March 2022
FINANCE MANAGER (Dublin, IRELAND)
The Royal Dublin Golf Club, founded in 1885, is a traditional private members’ golf club which also caters to overseas visiting golfers. Royal Dublin is one Ireland’s finest links courses and has a proud championship history.
The Club is now inviting applications for the position of Finance Manager. The Club are looking for a highly motivated individual who has proven experience in financial management. The successful candidate will manage all the financial affairs of the Club, while also playing a key role in the IT and HR responsibilities.
Responsibilities of the Finance Manager:
- Preparation and presentation of monthly accounts on a timely basis as well as developing a suite of KPIs and other financial reports to assist decision-making.
- Preparation of year-end accounts to meet strict AGM deadlines.
- To provide financial information to the General Manager and the Council as part of the decision-making process.
- Develop and manage the production of the annual operating budget and initiate corrective action where performance falls behind budget.
- Ensure financial records are maintained to ensure compliance with accepted policies and best practice procedures.
- Prepare and implement an ongoing Cost Reduction Program to include regular tenders for key suppliers.
- Resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities.
- Maintain a Fixed Asset Register and register of Maintenance Contracts.
- Oversees the annual renewal of the Club insurance policy.
- Prepares all the financial documents for the annual audit and works closely with the external auditor.
- Manages all the financial elements of the membership subscriptions including issuing, setting up of direct debits and issuing of outstanding letters/phone calls for overdue payments.
- Responsible for any financial tasks that the Club need to be carried out e.g. the application of grants, government supports etc.
- Preparation of Monthly and Annual PAYE/PRSI and VAT through ROS, ensuring all taxes are paid and reported to Revenue on time.
- To ensure employee and employer pension contributions are paid into the pension scheme correctly and on time.
- Process of payroll, both weekly and monthly, for all employees of the Club and ensure adequate control procedures are implemented
- Ensure effective delegation of work to the Accounts Assistant, managing workloads and deliverables.
- Develop a strong working relationship with the General Manager and the other Heads of Department, working with them to achieve stated Club goals.
- Highlight identified risk issues and matters of concern to the General Manager.
- Recommend, develop and maintain appropriate computer software systems, manual filling systems and database (financial, supplier, membership etc.) and ensure relevant and appropriate records are maintained.
- Responsible for the coordination of maintenance of the IT systems of the Club, including the sourcing and implementation of new IT systems if required.
- In conjunction with the General Manager, oversee and implementing the HR function within the Club including maintenance of staff records and contract arrangements.
Requirements of the Finance Manager:
- Minimum of three years’ experience as a Finance Manager, or a position of a similar standard. This role would also suit someone with 2-3 years post-qualification experience who is looking to move into a more senior role.
- Qualifications: Qualified Accountant (ACE, ACCA, CIMA, CPA or equivalent) with at least 2-3 PQE
- Experience in using proprietary computer software systems such as Sage, Internet Banking, and databases are desirable. Strong Microsoft Word and Excel skills are essential
- The successful candidate must act with integrity, be reliable and trustworthy.
- The candidate should be able to demonstrate a high degree of initiative, strong interpersonal and excellent communication skills.
- To be able to work as part of a team and independently.
- The Finance Manager will be part of the operational management team and will provide input in the running of the Club.
- Undergo continuous professional development to ensure you are continually improving your financial knowledge as well as your leadership and management skills.
Remuneration: A remuneration package commensurate with the role will be offered to the successful candidate.
CLOSING DATE: Monday 14th March 2022
DUTY FOOD & BEVERAGE MANAGER (London, ENGLAND)
The Wisley is one of the most prestigious golf clubs in the UK and as a team player you will be committed to providing excellent customer service to their distinguished member list comprising of Chief Executives, Law Firm Partners, Entrepreneurs, Venture Capitalists, and world class athletes.
Applicants should have some form of previous experience although full Wisley training will be given.
The club are looking for a Duty Manager who is the ultimate professional and team player, committed to providing excellent customer service to their distinguished member list. With excellent leadership skills, you will be responsible for ensuring the team to uphold their required attention to detail in the exceptional service they deliver. It is vital as a Duty Manager you ensure every individual on the team is inspired and informed to achieve a successful shift.
Wisley provide: ▪ Training and personal development ▪ First class Food & Wine Tasting ▪ Discounts on staff purchases and external discounts with major retailers ▪ Complimentary Meals on shift and staff drinks ▪ 28 days holiday (calculated pro rata) increasing by one day for every year of service ▪ No split shifts ▪ Annual Tronc Fund payment ▪ Life Insurance ▪ Pension Scheme ▪ Free Uniform ▪ Cycle to work scheme
Remuneration: £26,00.00(+) annually